What have I done? It's hard to recall, really, because I've been getting older every day and my memory is not what it was.
So, for now, here's Sunday Five via stephanieburgis.
What were you doing five years ago?
Good thing I've got my journal to check! (Here's a reason to keep up the journal.) I was in Arbanasi, Bulgaria, where I wrote and walked and got all dreamy about birdsong in a hammock and got tricked by a firefly.
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
* Write a journal entry because my Mom asked me to
* Write some Clarion West related email messages
* Keep the kittens awake because they kept us awake this morning (this is an experiment to see if they will sleep in if they get less day sleep--the 4:00 a.m. crazies are driving us crazy!)
* Work on a poem about salmon
* Finish a review for The Ectophiles' Guide to Good Music
What are five snacks you enjoy?
* Jazz or Pink Lady apples
* Graham crackers (no comments, you!)
* Rice crackers
* Berries from our garden (soon! The raspberries are starting to flower!)
* Scones and tea
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
* Give Clarion West an endowment
* Give a heap of money to Médecins Sans Frontières, Mercy Corps, Northwest Harvest, Artist Trust, and a bunch of other places I'm only able to give a little money to now
* Buy a writing cottage on the west coast of Scotland and another someplace on the west coast here
* Arrange money to have the people I love taken care of and make their lives easier (but hopefully not in instrusive ways)
* On her Sunday Five stephanieburgis wrote: "put together an incredible library in my mansion/castle, complete with deep, comfy seats, a fireplace, and of course rows and rows of gleaming wooden bookshelves so high they require a ladder to get to the top shelves" and that sounds heavenly to me.
What are five of your bad habits?
* Wasting time on the Internet
* Procrastinating on errands, chores, and jobs
* Building mental blocks about things I should be doing instead of doing them
* Reading when I should be sleeping
* Complaining about things that aren't worth complaining about
What are five places where you have lived?
* Winnipeg, Manitoba
* Victoria, B.C.
* Missoula, Montana
* London, Ontario
What are five jobs you've had?
* Receptionist at an alcoholic treatment center
* Secretary/travel clerk at an astrophysical observatory (I got to send people to amazing places and type papers called "The Age and Size of the Universe")
* Teaching freshman composition
* Counseling Services Coordinator
* Workshop Administrator
There's a little more (brief listening, reading, writing updates) at Les Semaines.